prep time: 10 Minutes | cook time: 20 mins | Makes 6-8 servings | recipe + Image From LODGE
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup (plus 4 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 4 pieces thick cut bacon, cut into ¼ -inch pieces
- 10 green onions, white and green parts divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, cut into ¼ -inch cubes
- 8 cups stale rice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas (optional)
- Sriracha (for serving)
- Pour 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a small bowl with cornstarch. Add eggs and whisk.
- Gradually preheat Cast Iron Pan or Wok to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 3 teaspoons oil to wok and gently soft scramble eggs. Remove eggs from the pan and rinse out any remaining bits.
- Chop bacon into ¼ -inch pieces and fry until crispy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Turn heat up to high. When bacon grease is smoking, add carrots. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the whites of the onions.
- Pour ¼ cup vegetable oil into the wok. Add garlic and ginger. Fry 30 seconds, then add rice.
- Turn heat to low and toss constantly until rice is evenly coated in oil. Add soy sauce, white pepper and the greens of the onions. Return bacon and eggs to the rice and serve with Sriracha and extra soy sauce if desired.