prep time: 5 Minutes | cook time: 5 mins | Makes 4-6 servings | recipe + Image From LODGE
This recipe for simple, delicious cheese dip makes the perfect last minute snack, appetizer or addition to your party menu. Other varieties of cheese may be substituted for the cheddar.
Try Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack for a little extra spice. To reheat leftover cheese dip, place in the microwave for 30 second bursts until smooth or reheat very slowly on low heat in your cast iron skillet.
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1, 12-ounce can evaporated milk, divided
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained (mild or hot, your preference)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat an 8 Inch Skillet over low heat.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese. In a medium bowl, toss grated cheese with cornstarch.
- Add cheese mixture to warm skillet along with 1 cup of evaporated milk. Whisk constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes. At first, the mixture will be grainy, but as it melts, it will smooth out.
- Add more evaporated milk until desired consistency is reached. The dip will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Stir in chiles and hot sauce.