prep time: 45 Minutes | cook time: 30-35 mins | Makes 6 servings | recipe + Image From LODGE
Raise your hand if you love cheese! This melt-in-your-mouth baked brie is the perfect appetizer for all you cheese lovers. Wrapped in a crispy puff pastry with dollops of blackberry jam to enhance the flavor of the cheese, it tastes like a delicacy even though it takes minimal effort to make. Sign us up!
- 8 ounce wheel of brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed 40 minutes)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons blackberry jam
- water crackers
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- ½ cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat egg and water together and set aside.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly on a floured countertop. Place 1 tablespoon of jam over in the center of the puff pastry and top with the brie.
- Add two tablespoons to the center of the top of the brie and fold the puff pastry around the cheese.
- Flip the pastry-wrapped brie over so the seams are down and place in a greased skillet.
- Brush the pastry evenly with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 30–35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with sliced apples, blackberries, and crackers.