prep time: 1 hour 5 Minutes | Makes 3 Servings | From vitamix
For hot soup on demand, roast the ingredients ahead of time and store them in the freezer. When the craving strikes, simply thaw the vegetables, add your stock, and blend to create a hot soup in minutes.-Vitamix
- 2 cups (295 g) carrots, cut
- ¾ cup (90 g) red bell peppers, cut
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ (60 g) yellow onion, peeled, cut
- ¼ piece (5 g) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ cup (600 ml) vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- In a bowl, combine carrots, peppers, garlic, onion, ginger, cilantro, garam masala, salt, optional, pepper, and olive oil. Toss well to coat. Spread mixture on a sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place stock and roasted mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 7 minutes or until steam escapes the lid; or select the Hot Soups program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
Make soup packets ahead of time. Cool the mixture and place into a freezer bag, seal, and freeze for a later date. Before blending, thaw the mixture then follow the recipe instructions.