prep time: 15 Minutes | cook time: 15 mins | Makes 6 servings | From Nordicware
Add these mini apple and Manchego cheese galettes to your fall baking menu! A savory twist on your favorite apple/cheese combo, baked in a puff pastry with fresh chives. Serve for brunch on the weekends or a delicious lunch recipe with an arugula side salad for a complete meal. -Nordicware
- 2 Apples
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 2 cups shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Shredded Manchego cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). To prep the apples, cut in half, core the seeds out and cut into thin slices.
- For the puff pastry, follow the directions for the puff pastry used. Once the puff pastry is thawed and ready for baking, divide the puff pastry sheet into 6 equal rectangles. Using a paring knife, gently score a rectangle about 1/8 of an inch on the inside of the puff pastry, creating a border on each galette. Lay the puff pastry onto the baking sheet with at least 1″ spacing between each of them.
- To assemble the galettes, sprinkle some cheese and line with apple slices in the center. Sprinkle with pepper and chives on top. For the egg wash, whisk the egg and water. Use a pastry brush and apply the egg wash onto the borders of the galettes. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Let mini galettes cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the dressing for the salad, whisk the balsamic vinegar, apple cider and olive oil in a bowl until all combined. Add the arugula and toss with the dressing. When ready to serve, enjoy arugula salad topped with shredded Manchego cheese along with the apple galettes.