prep time: 6-24 HOUrs | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves 4 | From OUTSET
- 4 beef sirloin steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
Red Wine BBQ Sauce:
- 1 T corn oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ t ground chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/3 C dry red wine
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- ½ C Ketchup
- 1 T soy sauce
- ¼ t liquid smoke
- For Red Wine BBQ Sauce: Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and chipotle chili powder. Stir together for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 2 more minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and allow meat to marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Brush the oil and crushed garlic over the steaks. Sprinkle peppercorns over steaks, then press them into the surface.
- Cook the steaks on a hot grill. Sear over high heat on each side. Move steaks to cooler edge of grill, or turn heat down to finish cooking for about 3-6 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- As steaks are grilling, baste them with Red Wine BBQ sauce.