prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves 4 | From Lodge
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- garlic powder
- 8 cheese slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- bib lettuce
- 16 hamburger dill pickle chips
For the Garlic Butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chives
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix garlic butter ingredients together. Set aside.
- Separate the ground beef into 4-ounce loose meatballs, careful not to overpack.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat for 10 minutes with the lid closed. Place a Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle inside the grill and preheat with the lid closed, 8-10 minutes.
- Quickly oil the griddle and place 4 meatballs on the hot cast iron. Be sure to leave smashing room around each burger. Place a piece of parchment paper on the meatball and smash the burger until the Burger Press touches the griddle. Repeat with the three remaining meatballs. Discard parchment paper. Season well with salt and garlic powder.
- Cook for 3 minutes. The edges should brown nicely. Flip the burgers and top with cheese. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes, or to desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- Repeat steps above with 4 additional burgers.
- Once all the burgers are done, scrape the griddle with a spatula to remove any excess cheese.
- Slather the inside of each bun with garlic butter and place on the hot griddle. Heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the smash burger stack: Bun, first burger, second burger, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, desired condiments. Enjoy burgers! (Keep napkins nearby.)