servings: 8 | From Wabash valley farms
This recipe uses the Whirley-Pop Popcorn Maker from Wabash Valley Farms. It’s by far our favorite (and the original) stovetop popcorn maker, but feel free to pop your corn however you like.
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or less (the oil will help the seasonings stick to the popcorn and provide more flavor)
- 5 Tablespoons popping corn
- Measure spices into a measuring cup, and mix well with fork. Keep this mixture near the popper. Place a large bowl that will hold at least 6 quarts ready for the finished hot popcorn.
- Put oil and popping corn into the popper. Fasten the lid securely and begin stirring and applying high heat. Popping will begin in about 1-2 minutes. Continue stirring until popping almost stops.
- Remove from the heat, open the lid, and sprinkle in the mixed spices. Close the lid and stir several rounds until the spices are mixed well. Pour hot popcorn into the large bowl. Cool and store in airtight container.