servings: 21 cups | From Wabash valley farms
- 16 cups popped corn (about 3/4 cup kernels)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 2 hours before serving, preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Place popped corn, pecans, and walnuts in large open roasting pan. Set aside.
- Prepare caramel coating: In heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, butter or margarine, corn syrup, and salt to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon caramel-covered popcorn mixture into another large roasting pan or onto waxed paper to cool, stirring occasionally to separate. Store popcorn mixture in tightly covered containers to use within 1 week.