servings: 6 | From Wabash valley farms
This recipe uses the Whirley-Pop Popcorn Maker from Wabash Valley Farms. It’s by far our favorite (and the original) stovetop popcorn maker, but feel free to pop your corn however you like.
- 10 Oreo cookies, finely crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup popping corn
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10-12 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- Prepare the cookie crumbs by using a food processor or breaking up the cookies by putting them in a sturdy plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs with cocoa and salt in a small bowl. Have cookie mixture ready next to popper, close to stove. Have large bowl ready to put popcorn in.
- Put oil, popping corn, and sugar into the popper. Fasten the lid securely and hold a hot pad with your left hand over the steam vent while stirring with the right hand. Use medium-high heat. Popping should start in about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat when popping almost stops.
- Pour hot popcorn in bowl and sprinkle mixture evenly over popcorn. Stir with wooden spoon until evenly coated. Break up 10-12 cookies into odd size pieces and add to the popcorn in the bowl. Mix lightly. Cool and store in airtight container.