prep time: 45 mins | Grill TIME: 2 mins | servings: 4 pizzas
- 750 g fresh mixed berries (e.g. strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, etc.)
- 100 g sugar in total
- 250 g Mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- Pulp of 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g flour
- Approx. 2 tbsp. clarified butter for baking
- Approx. 50 g brown sugar for sprinkling
- Clean and wash the berries, depending on their size cut the strawberries in halves or quarters. Mix all the berries together, finely puree one third with 50 g of sugar and sieve. Set the remaining berry mix aside. Slice the Mozzarella cheese and cut it in halves.
- Break the eggs for the dough. Mix the yolks with milk, vanilla pods and flour until smooth. Whisk the egg whites with sugar until firm and fold in.
- Heat up the STAUB crêpe pan and grease with some clarified butter. Add about a quarter of the dough to the pan and distribute equally with a damp distributor. Bake the crêpe for about 1 minute and turn using a spatula, remove pan from stovetop.
- Pre-heat the oven grill. Spread some berry puree on the pancake and cover with Mozzarella pieces. Spread a part of the berry mix you set aside and generously sprinkle with brown sugar. Slide pan under the hot grill and gratinate for about 2 minutes.
- This “pizza” gets an even more sophisticated flavor if you add homemade sweet basil pesto.
- Add freshly plucked leaves of one bundle of basil, 50 g roasted pine seeds, 100 mL mild olive oil, 1 tsp. powdered sugar and juice of 1/2 a lime to a tall cup and puree with a blender until smooth. Then add 50 g finely grated white chocolate, and it’s done!