After 2020, we all are in need of an island vacation. Where traveling might be a little difficult right now, allow your tastebuds to travel to the shores of Oahu as they taste the sweet nectar of the tropical pitaya fruit. Top with coconut, berries, chia seeds, mango, bananas, nuts, and anything else your heart desires for a deliciously sweet (and healthy) breakfast. –LHTC
- 14 ounce frozen red pitaya, cut into chunks (find frozen pitaya at Whole Foods)
- 2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup coconut water (feel free to use juice instead – apple and orange work great!)
- 100% pure maple syrup to taste
- Topping Options: like Fresh pitaya, berries, coconut, mango, bananas, chia seeds, sliced almonds, and granola
1. Place all the bowl ingredients, except for the maple syrup, in a blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
2. Add in the maple syrup on teaspoon at a time, blending in between each teaspoon, until it reaches desired taste.
3. Pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!