prep time: 25 mins | servings: 2 | FROM Le creuset
- 2 whole eggs, as fresh as possible
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Beat eggs until well combined.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat half the butter over medium heat, being careful not to let it brown. Pour in eggs and stir vigorously with a spatula while gently shaking the pan. Season with salt and pepper and scrape down the sides of the pan.
- Continue stirring, shaking and scraping the sides of the pan until the eggs just being to coagulate into creamy curds. Do not let them cook dry or take on color.
- Once the eggs are holding together on the bottom but still runny on the top, remove the pan from the heat to let the eggs set for about a minute. Check to make sure the omelet will release from the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add the goat cheese and remaining butter in a line across the center. Pushing with the spatula, slowly roll the omelet over the cheese. Flip it seam side down onto a plate.
- Season with additional salt and top with tarragon.