prep time: 10 mins | bake TIME: 50 mins | servings: 10-12 | FROM NORDICWARE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- optional: 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 tsp ginger puree (or substitute equal amount of grated fresh ginger)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Pine Forest Bundt with baking spray containing flour and use pastry brush to evenly coat the details of the pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, spices, salt, espresso powder, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together brown sugar, butter and oil on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add molasses and ginger puree. On low speed, add flour mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan and Tap pan gently on towel on counter to settle batter and remove air bubbles. Bake 50-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.