from Emile Henry
Basic Dough (for Emile Henry Bread Cloche)
Cook Time: 1-1.5 hours Temperature: 400°F
- 1 ¾ cup warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. wheat gluten
- 4 – 4 ½ cups high protein bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. instant yeast
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees with the Emile Henry Cloche base in the oven.
- Place warm water, oil, honey, salt and gluten into the bowl of an electric mixer or into a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients on low speed with the bread hook attachment and allow ingredients to blend together (about 1 minute).
- Add about 2 cups of flour and then yeast. Turn speed up to a low/medium and add another cup of flour. Mix for another minute and then add remaining flour and adjust speed to medium and mix for another 4-6 minutes.
- Once the dough has been thoroughly kneaded, immediately take it out of the mixer and shape it into a round loaf. When the oven is at 400F, carefully take the base out of the oven, sprinkle with a little all-purpose flour and place the shaped dough onto the hot base.
- Cover with the lid and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes. If you want more color on your bread, remove the lid and bake for an additional 5 minutes.