prep time: 15 MINs | COOK TIME: 1 hour | servings: 5 | from vesta
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 prepared pie crust (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Set up immersion circulator and preheat water bath to 185 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients except pie crust and whipped cream to a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange 5 half pint sized mason jars with lids in good condition, lids off. Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between each of the jars.
- Place the undamaged lids on your jars. Close to “finger tight” (you should be able to easily unscrew with just your fingertips). Drop jars carefully into water. Jars should be completely submerged and you should see small air bubbles escaping the jars. If not, your lid is on too tight.
- Let cook for 1 hour. Remove mason jars to a towel on the counter to cool. Once cool to the touch, place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, roll out pie crust onto cookie sheet and bake for 14 minutes at 400 degrees F. Let cool for 5 minutes, then break into large pieces.
- To serve, remove lids and top each pumpkin pie with whipped cream and a shard of pie crust.