prep time: 15 MINs | COOK TIME: 2 hour | servings: 24 | from vesta
- 3 cups vodka
- 8 lemons
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Preheat water bath using immersion circulator to 135 degrees F.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the rinds from the lemons, peeling off as little of the white rind as possible.
- Add the vodka and lemon peels to a quart sized jar. Place in water bath and cook for 2 hours.
- While the vodka mixture is cooking, make simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool to room temperature.
- When vodka mixture is done, strain mixture into a large bowl and discard lemon peels. Add simple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Pour into airtight jars and refrigerate.