prep time: 30 MINs | COOK TIME: 1 hour | servings: 4 | from vesta
- 2 (12 to 16 oz) bone-in chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 bag pre-packaged bag of coleslaw mix
- Sandwich bread or buns
- Preheat water bath to 150°F.
- Season two chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper and place in a large vacuum pouch with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Set timer and cook for one hour.
- When the timer goes off, remove pouch from water bath. Remove chicken from bag and let rest for 10 minutes. Reserve the cooking liquid.
- When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bitesized pieces, removing skin and bones. In a large bowl, toss chicken with remaining barbecue sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, scallions, mustard, vinegar, and honey. Add coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken between the buns, top with coleslaw and serve.