This quick shrimp dish gets the royal herb treatment with an oregano, parsley, garlic oil. Ask your fishmonger to peel and devein for you.
PREP TIME: About 15 MINS | COOK TIME: 5 mins | servings: 4-6 | FROM LODGE CAST-IRON
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped, divided
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds (40-50) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a medium bowl, mix ⅓ cup parsley, ¼ cup oil, oregano, lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt, cayenne, and onion powder. Set aside for later.
- In a preheated cast iron, add 2 tablespoons oil and sear the shrimp on one side until golden brown, 3 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic-herb oil and cook until aromatic, 1 minute.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a serving platter and garnish with remaining parsley.