Lightly seasoned, buttery-crisp toast with a soft-centered egg and parmesan cheese over the top. We’ll always be on board with this easy, savory breakfast.
PREP TIME: About 10 MIN. | servings: 1 | FROM LHTC
- 1 thick slice Brioche (or your favorite bread, such as Sourdough or Wheat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Egg
- Parmesan Cheese (or your favorite, such as Sharp Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Feta)
- Parsley or Chives, chopped, for garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- Using a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter, cut a hole out of the center of your bread. Set aside (reserve that center circle of bread to fry up afterwards).
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat. Mix together the butter, garlic powder and a few dashes of salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture on both sides of the bread. Place slice of bread in pan and brown on one side.
- Flip bread over and crack the egg into the center of the slice. Cook until egg whites have solidified, yolk is still runny and the bread is golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Fry the center circle of bread to serve along side, if desired.