Take advantage of all that sweet corn this summer with this refreshing grilled corn and avocado salad. And Bonus: it’s a perfect quick side dish for bbq’s and summer dinner parties.
PREP TIME: About 45 MIN. | servings: 6 | FROM LHTC
For the Grilled Corn:
- 5 Ears Fresh Corn, cleaned
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Chile Flakes
For the Dressing:
- 2 Small Limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Honey
For the Salad:
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 6 ounces Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
- Grill the corn: preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Mix together the unsalted butter, salt and chile flakes. Brush over corn and grill cobs until tender and charred. Allow to cool before removing kernels from cob.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, white vinegar and honey.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl, toss together grilled corn kernels, avocado, cilantro and lime juice mixture. Fold in queso fresco. Season with salt and pepper to taste – adding extra lime juice if necessary. Cover and let rest 30-60 minutes before serving.