PREP TIME: About 30 MIN. | COOK TIME: ABOUT 60 MINUTES | FROM KAMADO JOE
- 6 Uncooked Lasagna Noodles (trimmed to fit a loaf pan)
- 8 ounces Mild Italian Sausage (or ground beef)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flake (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- salt to taste black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 to 8 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your grill to 375°F and prepare to cook with the DoJOE as shown in the video.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and red pepper flake and saute for another minute or two. Add the marinara, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and fennel seeds and stir. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg lightly, add the ricotta and parmesan cheese and mix completely.
- Spray a loaf pan lightly with cooking spray. Add about 1 cup of the meat sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add two of your lasagna noodles. Add about half of the remaining meat sauce. Add another two noodles. Add the ricotta mixture. Top with the last two noodles. Add the remaining sauce and add slices of mozzarella cheese to the top.
- Place on the grill and lightly tent with aluminum foil. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 15 minutes to brown the top. Let stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.