PREP TIME: About 35 MIN. | FROM FINEX
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- ½ onion, medium, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 red or yellow chilies, thinly sliced
- 8 jalapeños, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 C chicken bone broth
- 1 C white vinegar, optional
- In your FINEX 12-inch cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil or ghee. Add the onion. Stirring occasionally, cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the chiles, jalapeños, garlic and sea salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken bone broth and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to medium and let cook until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend on low speed. Slowly drizzle in the vinegar and puree until smooth. Transfer the salsa to a jar and refrigerate until cooled.
- Portion the salsa into small glass or plastic containers and keep one in your refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 weeks. Freeze the remaining containers for up to 1 year and thaw as needed.