Brunch served for the whole family! This unique take on french toast will become an instant favorite, combining both amazing sweet and savory flavors into an irresistible bake.
SERVINGS: 8-12 | Prep Time: 10 min. | cook time: 1 Hour | FROM NORDIC WARE
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 loaf challah bread, day-old and sliced into 1” thick pieces
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- fresh berries and maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugars, salt and nutmeg until combined.
- Place the bread cubes and chopped bacon in a well-greased or nonstick 9 x 13 pan, making sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour custard throughout the entire pan and place cream cheeses cubes over the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until bread is lightly browned and center is fully cooked through (not runny).
- Serve with berries and warm maple syrup.