Kamado Joe’s Chef Eric shows you how to grill a Pickled Ginger Blackened Coriander Salmon Burger on the Kamado Joe!
SERVINGS: 4 | ACTIVE cook TIME: 40 minutes | from KAMADO JOE
- – 1 Pound Salmon, skinned and. Cut into pieces
- ½ Each Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled Ginger, drained
- 2 teaspoons Tamari or gluten free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper, fresh cracked
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro Garnish
Blackening mix Ingredients
- ½ Cup Blackening seasoning (diy recipe can be found here)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander, ground
Sriracha Aioli Ingredients
- ½ Cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Local Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Pinch Salt, Kosher
Quick Pickled Radish Ingredients
- 2 Radish, sliced thin
- 2 sprigs per burger Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Burger Buns, or 8 slider buns
- Mix all Sriracha Aioli ingredients and incorporate well, reserve for later use.
- Stabilize your grill to 500F to 600F.
- Chill your pieces of salmon and your food processor blade and bowl.
- Process your salmon in 2 batches and transfer to a chilled bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processed salmon an incorporate. (Pro Tip: make a tester piece and grill it to check for seasoning before You paddy the mix).
- Form the mixture into 4 equal burgers (or 8 smaller sliders).
- It is ideal to refrigerate the burgers for 1 hour (up to 24 hours) if possible before placing them on the grill.
- Quick pickle the radishes. Splash the rice wine vinegar over the radish and cilantro.
- Once the burgers are chilled and holding form, dust each side in the Blackening mix.
- Use a bit of oil to evenly coat your grill surface. Transfer the burgers to the Soap Stone or desired cooking surface.
- Toast your burger buns.
- Flip the Burgers after 1 minute and cook the other side for 1 more minute.
- Slather some of your Sriracha Aioli on the top and bottom of the buns.
- Top the bottom bun with Lettuce then the burger from the grill, then add the quick pickled radish and cilantro then finally top with the top bun.