A flavorful one-pot stew that is quick and easy to make. Serve with crusty baguette or ciabatta.
SERVINGS: 2 | cook TIME: 45 minutes | from LE CREUSET
- 2 Tbsp harissa red pepper paste
- 14-oz. can of crushed tomatoes, save the can
- 1–2 cups vegetable or fish stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 14-oz. can cannellini white beans, drained but not rinsed (this helps naturally thicken the stew)
- 1/2 pound firm white fish of choice
- 1/4 pound of half-shelled steamed mussels, optional
- Toasted baguette or ciabatta, to serve
- Paprika oil, to serve (optional, see recipe below in cook’s note)
- Flat-leaf Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Le Creuset Rice Pot for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the harissa paste to the pot with 1 Tbsp olive oil for a minute or two until fragrant. Add the canned tomatoes. Fill the same can with the stock and stir to obtain all of the flavor from the can, then add to the pot, season and cover with the lid. Simmer for 15 minutes before stirring in the yogurt and beans. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add bite-sized cubes of fish to poach for 5-8 minutes along with the mussels. Season and serve as is with toasted baguette or ciabatta. Drizzle over a little paprika oil if you like with a few leaves of parsley to garnish.
COOK’S NOTE: To make paprika oil, simply add 2–3 Tbsp oil to the pot before cooking the fish stew. When the oil is warm, fry off a clove of sliced garlic until golden and remove pot from heat. Stir in ½ tsp smoked paprika and leave aside until serving.