An easy one-pot bread recipe that anyone can make. Perfect for dipping into olive oil.
SERVINGS: 2 | cook TIME: OVER AN HOUR | from LE CREUSET
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups water, lukewarm (helps develop faster)
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Caramelized red onion, sun dried tomato, feta or basil pesto to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the Le Creuset Rice Pot in the oven to preheat.
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water. Allow the yeast to develop for 5 minutes (it will become foamy).
- In a microwavable bowl, measure out the flour and salt. Create a well in the centre of the flour and add in the yeast mixture. Combine all ingredients until a dough forms. Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a clean surface – the dough will be slightly sticky but smooth and soft. Place in a clean microwavable bowl greased with vegetable oil, then cover with a piece of wet kitchen towel.
- Microwave the dough on a high heat for 20 seconds. Allow to sit for 5 minutes in the microwave and repeat for another 20 seconds. Leave in the warm microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and reshape the dough into a ball. Place into the warm rice pot. Bake with the outer lid on (not the ceramic lid) for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the toppings of your choice (if using), and bake uncovered for 15–20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow bread to rest for 20 minutes in the pot before removing to serve.