Enjoy five different takes on the simple rice bowl with this versatile one-pot recipe.
SERVINGS: 2 | cook TIME: 40 minutes | from LE CREUSET
- 1 cup of raw basmati rice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Your choice of rice toppers (see below)
Rinse the rice in a bowl of water, drain and strain. Repeat three times to remove any excess starch. Heat the Le Creuset Rice Pot on a medium heat. Add 1 cup of basmati rice with 1 1/3 cup of water and season with a pinch of sea salt (a tip is to add the rice to the pot in an even layer, lay your fingers on top and pour water over until it covers your fingers).
Bring the rice to the boil, uncovered. Once boiling, place both lids on top, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and leave the pot on the stove untouched and still covered. Allow to stand unopened for 10 minutes. When ready to eat, fluff the rice gently with a fork.
- Pot 1 – Top with an ounce and half of pickled red onion, 5 ounces of smoked salmon, 1 cup blanched edamame beans, and season and enjoy with a squeeze of lime.
- Pot 2 – Top with 4 ounces of your favorite kimchi, 2–4 soft boiled eggs, fresh crunchy purple cabbage and micro herbs to garnish.
- Pot 3 – 1 Tbsp chili oil, 1 ounce mung bean sprouts and 4 sliced spring onions with 1/3 cup roasted and salted peanuts.
- Pot 4 – Top with 3 sliced baby cucumbers, 3 sliced radishes, a generous squeeze of lime, a drizzle of soya sauce and a few drops of toasted sesame oil. Serve with mixed sesame seeds, toasted seaweed and micro herbs.
- Pot 5 – Top with 2 small ripe avocados halved and cubed, 1/2 ounce of pickled ginger, a swirl of sriracha mayo and a sprinkle of chili spice. Sliced raw tuna optional.