Skip to content
- 2 yeast packets, ¾ oz
- 6 Tbsp sugar, divided
- ¼ C warm water
- 1 ¼ C milk
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ¼ C unsalted butter
- 4 ½ C all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Baking spray
- 1 tsp Jacobsen Flake Finishing Salt
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix yeast and 1 Tbsp sugar in warm water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Warm the milk over low heat, stir in remaining sugar, salt and butter until salt and sugar are mostly dissolved and mixture is lukewarm.
- Mix beaten egg into the yeast and sugar water solution.
- Combine the yeast & egg mixture, the milk mixture, and all of the flour. Stir to combine well, cover and let rest (15 mins).
- Using a stand mixer with a dough hook, knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and and divide it equally into 15-18 balls, between golf ball and tennis ball in size. Cover and let rise for 25-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Apply baking spray evenly to a FINEX 12″ Cast Iron Skillet then arrange the dough balls in the skillet, gently resting against each other and the edges of the skillet.
- Sprinkle the rolls with Jacobsen Flake Finishing Salt. Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the surface of the rolls turns golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve warm. Enjoy!