Made with Turkey, Chicken or Just Veggies
Yield: 2 Quarts | Prep Time: 5-10 minutes active prep, 4 hours to simmer | from our friends at LHTC
- 4-5 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 3-4 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped into eighths
- 5 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole Peppercorns (or to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- Carcass from leftover cooked Chicken or Turkey (optional)
- 1 bunch Thyme or Rosemary (optional)
- 1 Lemon, sliced into quarters (optional)
- Chile Flakes (optional)
- Fill a stockpot with 2-3 quarts of water. Throw in celery, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and any optional ingredients.
- Cover partially with the lid and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low and continue to cook at a simmer for 3-4 hours. Skim any foam or scum from the stock with a fine mesh strainer during cooking.
- Strain stock through a fine mesh strainer and season with salt to taste. Will keep 3 days in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer. Use Freezer Pods for easier access on later cooking projects.