Recipe from JACOBSENSALT.com
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
- 12 oz roast turkey meat
- 12 oz rice noodle sticks
- 1 bunch scallions cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 oz toasted chopped peanuts
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 oz high heat oil for cooking
- 2 oz minced ginger
- 3 oz minced garlic
- 3 each minced shallots
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Bee Local Honey
- 3 Thai chilis, sliced
- 2 oz Sriracha (fermented chili paste)
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 4 limes zest and juice
- Start by combing all sauce ingredients and setting aside. The sauce can be made well in advance and keeps for months in the fridge.
- First we will soak the rice noodles in lukewarm water for 20-30 minutes. Drain the noodles well and set aside. Heat the cooking oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
- Start with the scallion chunks in hot oil and let them fry on one side for 30-45 seconds. Add the eggs and quickly scramble in the pan. As soon as the eggs are cooked, add the soaked rice noodles and the roasted turkey pieces.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the pad thai sauce and toss all together until the rice noodles are softened and have absorbed the sauce, about 3-4 minutes. You can add more pad thai sauce to your taste.
- Transfer the pad thai to individual bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro. You can serve with additional lime wedges for an extra punch of lime.