Mulled Wine Cranberry Sauce combines the best flavors of Vin Chaud with fresh cranberries. It’s a rich, sweet-tangy sauce that’s perfect for the adults at your holiday table.
Recipe by Amanda Biddle from STRIPEDSPATULA.com
SERVINGS: 16 (2 tablespoons)
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Grated zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional, but recommended)
- In a large pot, stir together all ingredients except for the brandy. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until most of the cranberries have “burst” and are soft. Remove from heat and stir in brandy, if using. Cool to room temperature and serve. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
- Sauce can be made up to 5 days in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator, or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Return to room temperature before serving.
If you prefer your cranberry sauce on the more tart side, reduce sugar to 3/4 cup.
2 Comments Add yours
This is my all time favorite recipe
Thank you a lot.