This is the only recipe you need for creamy spuds.
Recipe by Lindsay Funston from DELISH.com
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 lb. potatoes (about 4 large, combo of russets and Yukon Golds)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 stick of butter, plus 2 tablespoons of garnish
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sou cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter and milk until warm.
- Pour over warm milk-butter mixture and stir until completely combined and creamy. Add sour cream and stir until combined.
- Season mashed potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and top with remaining two tablespoons butter. Season with more pepper before serving.
On November 23rd we will be offering our knife sharpening service with the added bonus of next-day turnaround, at our NW Portland Store. Bring us your dull knives by 3:00 pm, and get them back wicked sharp by the end of the next day. Click HERE to learn more