Join us at our NEXT-DAY KNIFE SHARPENING event this Saturday, 11/2, at our SW Portland Store to sample this incredible recipe from our friends at Stonewall Kitchen.
RECIPE: Maple Bacon and Onion Mashed Potatoes
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled, cut into equal size large chunks
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maple Bacon Onion Jam
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes into a large pot of cold well salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Potatoes are done when a fork or knife easily slips into the center.
- While the potatoes are cooking heat the cream, milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until the butter melts. Add the Maple Bacon Onion Jam and stir until melted. Add the chives and salt.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Return potatoes to the pot. Turn the heat back on to low and stir the potatoes to dry them. Turn the burner off. Mash the potatoes. Add the heated cream mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
*For cheesy potato add 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Over the next few weeks, we will be offering our knife sharpening service with the added bonus of next-day turnaround. Bring us your dull knives by 3:00 pm, and get them back wicked sharp by the end of the next day. Here’s the schedule:
SW Portland Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 9
Orenco Station Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 16
NW Portland Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 23