Join us at our NEXT-DAY KNIFE SHARPENING event this Saturday, 11/2, at our NE Portland Store to sample this incredible recipe from our friends at Stonewall Kitchen.
RECIPE: Cranberry Sweet Potato Rounds
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1/3 cup candied pecans
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish or Cranberry Horseradish Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Basil or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a bowl combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil, orange zest and salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the sweet potato rounds. Place them on a large rimmed baking sheet without touching each other.
- Bake the sweet potatoes 10-15 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cook time, until they are golden.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top each round with goat cheese, pecans, and New England Cranberry Relish or Cranberry Horseradish Sauce.
- Combine the honey and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over the tops of the rounds and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Over the next few weeks, we will be offering our knife sharpening service with the added bonus of next-day turnaround. Bring us your dull knives by 3:00 pm, and get them back wicked sharp by the end of the next day. Here’s the schedule:
NE Portland Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 2
SW Portland Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 9
Orenco Station Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 16
NW Portland Store Knife Sharpening
Saturday, November 23