Happy Zwillingfest! We’re celebrating all things Zwilling, all month long, with incredible markdowns on some of our favorite cookware, cutlery, and more. Our friends at Zwilling have crafted some scrumptious recipes featuring some of the signature kitchen pieces on sale.
RECIPE: STUFFED BEEF TOMATOES
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
- 4 very large beef tomatoes or 8 smaller ones
- 400 g minced beef
- 1 bread roll from the previous day
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper ground
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary, salt, pepper
- 100 g Feta cheese
- Olive oil to grease the mold
- 125 g yogurt
- 3 sprigs mint
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C (convection heat).
- Remove the tops from the tomatoes and scoop out the flesh. Chop up the flesh and set aside. Cut the bread roll into small pieces, add to a bowl and pour water over it.
- Pluck and chop the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Finely dice the onion, press the garlic through the garlic press onto the minced beef.
- Knead the minced beef with the bread roll, egg, onions, spices and herbs. Cube the Feta cheese and fold in. Fill the tomatoes with the mixture, replace the tops.
- Grease the oven dish with olive oil and add the stuffed tomatoes. Add the chopped tomato flesh and 2 herb sprigs to the mold and cook in the oven slowly for 35 min on a medium rack.
- Wash the mint, pluck the leaves from the stems and chop. Mix with yogurt, add salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes with the roasting juice and mint yogurt sauce. Serve with boiled rice.