We’re always looking for tasty breakfast options to try out. Sometimes it’s easy to get in a routine of eating the same things every day for breakfast. Today we’re sharing this delicious looking pastry to enjoy in the morning. Thanks to Just a Taste for this recipe! Enjoy!
FRUIT AND CREAM CHEESE BREAKFAST PASTRIES
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fruit
- 1 large egg
- Sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly roll the pastry with a rolling pin to seal the perforations. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter (or glass), cut out four circles from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Transfer four pastry circles onto each baking sheet, spacing the circles about 2 inches apart. Lightly score a circular border 1/4-inch from the edges then prick the centers of each pastry with a fork. Spread a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside the border of each pastry then top the cream cheese with fruit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg wash then sprinkle them with the sanding sugar (optional). Bake the pastries for 15 to 18 minutes or until they’re golden and puffed.
- Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.