We are loving salmon this summer! The versatility of the recipes is great so that you don’t get tired of one flavor or one side dish. We will drop one of the three recipes each day this weekend, and each showcases different ways to cook salmon as well as different flavors and spices and side dishes. Enjoy!
SALMON No. 1: SEARED
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural sour cream
- 2 green onions , end trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro (mostly leaves, some stem)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic , sliced
- Remove salmon fillets from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare sauce.
- For the sauce, add sour cream, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and season with salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp). Process until cilantro has been very finely minced. Set aside at room temperature while preparing salmon.
- In a small bowl whisk together cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, 1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt (depending on how salty you like things) and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides evenly with cumin mixture and lightly rub over salmon. Heat a (heavy) 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and once oil is shimmering add salmon (top side down first. Also leave space between fillets) and cook about 4 minutes, without moving, on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook salmon on opposite side until salmon has cooked through, about 2 – 3 minutes longer. Serve warm with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce.