We are loving salmon this summer! The versatility of the recipes is great so that you don’t get tired of one flavor or one side dish. We will drop one of the three recipes each day this weekend, and each showcases different ways to cook salmon as well as different flavors and spices and side dishes. Enjoy!
SALMON No. 1: GRILLED
- 1 batch honey mustard sauce (see below)
- 2 pound side of salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Or heat a grill to medium heat.
- Prepare your honey mustard sauce. Whisk the last seven ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Mist the foil with cooking spray, then lay out the salmon in the middle of the foil.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce on top of the salmon, and spread it around evenly so that it covers the top of the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed. (If your sheet of foil is not large enough, just place a second sheet of foil on top and fold the edges so that it forms a sealed packet.)
- Carefully transfer the packet of salmon to the grill, and grill for 12-14 minutes, or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (Cooking times will vary on the thickness of your salmon, so I recommend checking it a few minutes early if you have a thinner cut of salmon.) Carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. (Be careful, lots of hot steam will be released!) Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from the grill. Sprinkle the top of the salmon evenly with parsley, and serve immediately.