We are loving salmon this summer! The versatility of the recipes is great so that you don’t get tired of one flavor or one side dish. We will drop one of the three recipes each day this weekend, and each showcases different ways to cook salmon as well as different flavors and spices and side dishes. Enjoy!
SALMON No. 1: BAKED
- 4 – 6 (6 ox or 170 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoons Kosher salt (or sea salt flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody end removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- 1/3 cup beans/peas or any other greens
Preheat oven broiler (or grill) to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange oven shelf to the second top shelf (about 8-inches from the heat element).
Place the salmon on a large baking tray. Rub each fillet with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat; pour over the lemon juice. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the asparagus and greens around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top.
Broil (or grill) for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through to your liking.
Serve with the asparagus and beans/peas!