The official drink of the Oscars is Champagne, Piper-Heidsieck that is! Although we may not be splurging on the upscale choice of the Academy, we can still enjoy a house champaign favorite with a sophisticated garnish!
BLACKBERRY THYME CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1/3 cup blackberries (plus eight more for garnish)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Prosecco or champagne (brut or a sweeter champagne and prefer Martini and Rossi Asti, which is on the sweeter side)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme for garnish
- In a small sauce pan, combine the blackberries, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Turn to low and let simmer for 10 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
- Strain blackberries through a sieve and let syrup cool in the refrigerator.
- For one cocktail, add 2 tablespoons of syrup to glass, two blackberries and top with champagne and garnish with thyme.
Thank you to The Stiers Aesthetic for dazzling images and Style Me Pretty sparkling, elegant cocktail!