Boosting immunity, rich in vitamins, anti-inflammatory and delicious, this juice is the perfect way to start off your day! The list of health benefits Turmeric provides is incredible! Thank you Vegetarian Department for this wild combination that results in a tasty, nutrient packed morning treat!
CARROT GINGER & TURMERIC JUICE
Serves 2 | Prep Time 10 Minutes
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Big Carrot
- 1cm Fresh Ginger
- 1cm Fresh Turmeric
- 150ml Water
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Peel and slice the carrot, ginger and turmeric.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges.
- Put all ingredients into a blender (I use NutriBullet) and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Serve immediately.
THE HEALING POWER OF TURMERIC
“The quintessential spice in curry, a relative of ginger and one of the healthiest ways to add flavor — and color! Turmeric has been used to relieve everything from liver problems to depression to ringworm in folk medicine, but, like many alternative therapies, there’s not always much research to back up the ancient wisdom. But that doesn’t mean turmeric’s powers are to be discredited altogether. Here, a look at what we do know about this powerful seasoning,” says the Huffington Post. Here are six of the health benefits provided by Turmeric:
- Turmeric can tame heartburn and an upset stomach
- A compound in turmeric may ward off heart attacks
- Delay diabetes
- Fight cancer
- Another compound in turmeric may protect the brain
- Turmeric may curb joint pain