Balsamic glazed Brussel Sprouts and Broccolini with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Lunchtime in the office doesn’t have to be boring, and it doesn’t mean you have to settle for leftovers. With a little creativity and a few tools you can whip up just about anything….
- Handful of Broccolini
- Handful of Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 1 Potato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Reduction
- 1 pad of butter and a splash of milk (optional)
- Salt + Pepper
Set your toaster oven to High Broil.
- Place the steaming tray into the Steam Case and add the brussel sprouts and broccolini with 1/2 cup water. Set your microwave to 800 watts and cook for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice your potato and crush the garlic cloves with the broad side of your chef knife.
- When the 3 minutes are up carefully remove the Steam Case from the microwave and drain by holding the handles and tipping the case over the sink, being careful not to open the top. Add the balsamic reduction, close the lid and shake vigorously to coat all the veggies. Dump the veggies onto the toaster oven baking sheet and arrange flat. Broil in the Toaster oven for 4 minutes or until the glaze has set and the veggies start to just char. The few minutes of steaming in the microwave have cooked the interior, this step is just to get a nice crunch on the outside.
- Rinse the steam case out. Place the crushed garlic in the bottom of the Steam Case. Put the Steam Case Tray over the top of the garlic and add the sliced potato and 1/2 cup of water. Set your microwave to 800 watts and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done remove from the microwave and drain just as before. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pad of butter and a splash of milk if you like. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
- Plate the mashed potatoes and top with the finished vegetables.
Start to finish: less than 20 minutes.